We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Feedback Needed

Skizz

Likes # 0

Still needs some work but here it is for all to look at click here

It's a job search site built using entirely recycled hardware and run by volunteers. If nothing else please spread the word about us.

Skizz

Like this post
Skizz

Likes # 0

Thankyou all for the feedback thus far, some changes are going to be made over the following week (never did like that menu).

Yes, I know the typo errors are sloppy, the focus up to now has been getting the nuts and bolts of the server side scripting working.

Some browser issues still to sort out (CSS3 was used) and IE struggles with it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but I'm sure you realise that.

One of my pet hates is spelling and grammatical errors and you have them scattered through the site. A very quick look at a couple of pages revealed:

"todays" (today's)

"renumiration" (remuneration)

"recieve" (receive)

"barnett" (barnet)

"your all done" (you're all done)

The fact that I found those in a minute or less leads me to think there will be more. It's unprofessional, and I advise a thorough text check.

Otherwise...

Your job search email alert form page takes far too long to load.

Ditto the 'forum and chat' link

Like the others, I dislike the fact that the menu bar slides all over the place on mouseover. There's no practical point to it, so better not to have it. The art of good web design - at least where commercial sites are concerned - is encapsulated in the phrase "keep it simple" You have a good look in terms of colour/font/spaces; don't add graphics needlessly.

The overall look is undoubtedly good, however. Pay attention to the detail, and think about navigation - where's the 'Home' link on the menu bar? - and you'll have a very nice site indeed.

Like this post
AndySD

Likes # 0

Hi

I like the overall look clean and white as I like sites to look, just a few things though

I also dislike the jumping menu (but that is just my preference)

It takes ages to render in Opera.

The boxes to fill in jar with the rest of the site. try a different surround and text colour.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Actually, in IE9 it loads a lot faster for me. I didn't immediately spot any browser problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK