We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which Wireless Network Adpater?

everybodydanceno

Likes # 0

Ok, Bt Home Hub 2.0 in the hall, my PC in my bedroom about 6m, although it has to go through a pretty thick wall, (30m)

click here

There is a picture!

What would be the best wireless network adapter to get ? I have seen some in argos for 30 pound:

Belkin N300
Netgear N

What would be th ebetter for my situation ?
cheers

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If your Home Hub supports 802.11n then you should get a compatible "n" Wireless Network Adapter. It is a standard protocol so the make shouldn't really matter, although 802.11n hardware comes in either 150Mbps or 300Mbps speeds.

Like this post
helen82

Likes # 0

I think that you should get Netgear N Wireless Network Adapter. It's better than Belkin N300.

Like this post
strokker

Likes # 0

Heya both the suggestion are good and helpful. I have also need this.

Thanks!

Like this post
onthelimit

Likes # 0

Not surprised you're having probs if your wall is 30m thick!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added