We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless adapter help

Thatslife

Likes # 0

I can't get my Belkin F5D8055 v2 wireless adapter to work in Windows 7. Works fine in Vista.

I've downloaded the lastest drivers and installed. Device manager says the device is working but is disabled. I can't enable it. I've tried istalling in compatibility mode too but no joy.

Belkin support have been unable to help and told me to contact Microsoft. Any ideas?

Thanks

Windows 7
Core 2 Quad
4GB RAM

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

When you did the update driver in the device manager did you browse to the belkin folder in your program folder.

I never had to install the driver with any compatibility. I just installed it then I just updated the driver in the device manager and going into the program files/belkin/model number and then it started to work.

click here if you the help of a good technicians

Like this post
Thatslife

Likes # 0

l24 - Yes they were the drivers. The WLAN service was set to manual should I set this to Auto?

kristain - I followed the installer, I didn't manually select any files.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks