We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Re-installed xp, now onboard wireless not working

Rosalie86

Likes # 0

Hi everybody,

I installed my copy of xp on to my Dell laptop, which had Vista on it.. But now I can't connect my wireless... Do I need to install there drivers for the wireless???

Many thanks..

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If you have installed XP from a standard Microsoft CD, you probably will need to install the necessary drivers for the Wireless Network Adapter. Depending how the "wireless" is switched On/Off, you might also need the original software to perform that task. This may be the use of the Fn key in conjunction with another key, so try it to see if it works without additional software.

The Dell site might be able to provide you with the Wireless Network Adapter's drivers for XP.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Go to the DEll website click here select TAB and enter the number on the laptop casing ( usually at the bottom).
This will take you to the correct page for your machine, where you can download the drivers you need.
Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback