We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Enabling remote assistance for W7 in Wifi Rourer

han.net

Likes # 0

Hi there ,

I need your help please friends ,

1- I hae a PC running windows 7 behind a wireless router ( Biliion Bipac 7800N) and need to enable remote assitance and RDP through the router . I have changed the port for RDP to another number for security reasons . I would like to know what do I need to do and how on the router to make both application go through the roter with poer forwading and NAT .

I would really apreciate it if you could advise further on VPN to secure the connection and how would that aproached with the 2 aps .

many thans

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

RDP & Remote Assistance use the same port. As most routers these days are UPnP Compliant there is usually no need to open the port on the Router.

click here

A VPN will not provide any more security as you have opened the port on the router.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback