We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google coverage

123joey123

Likes # 0

I would be grateful if the experts might suggest how I could improve my Google position on my website click here
I am on page 3 at the moment. I know you are going to say, more links and I am working on that. Thanks in advance

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

Sorry, re last submission. Wrong address. It is
click here

Sorry

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

Thanks, that's helpful. I'll make the changes

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi

As mentioned, there are many possible improvements. A couple worth immediate attention:

Look how Google have your site indexed, the home page without www, others with.

click here

Have a read through:

click here

You need to fix this using 301 redirects. Your host may do this for you, if not search around for 301 redirects on an IIS server and pick the entries you understand best.

Take a look at:

click here

Google don't appear to be getting your navigation. Either change the navigation to a more standard format or replicate by adding a plain text footer menu.

With those basic points in place, at least search engines have a chance of understanding your site. Then you can crack on with the detailed work, this might help:

click here

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

I read somewhere that search engines do not like javascript.My navigation is javascript. Do you think that is the reason and I should change to a HTML format?

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

Thanks, I'll change

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

I followed much of the advice given here and, suddenly, as if by majic, my site is on the first page of Google and heading in Yahoo and Bing.

Thank you all for your time and expertise

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September