We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Web Easy Hosting

exprog

Likes # 0

My son has started to design a website, using Web Easy professional 8. The software seems very good to use. However he now wants to sign up with a web host.

Web Easy recommend using their own host, which I believe is "Ieasy". Has anybody used this host and if so are they any good.

Perhaps, some other web host could be recommended based on own experience.

It seems to be a minefield, as there are so many out there.

Any recommendations woiuld be appreciated.

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

click here

I use the above for all my web hosting.

Their cheapest package is just £9 a year, or £7.50 if you buy over 2 years.

For that you get 100mb of disk space and unlimited Bandwidth.

If you Son's website has a lot of images/movies then you might want to step up to the next package, but even that is only £25 a year.

Like this post
obi-wan-kenobi

Likes # 0

Try hosting yourself with apache server on you home computer, its free and a great place to start to get to know computers.

click here

Try this site, very easy to follow and they also have lots of other tutorials.

My current site is hosted on my home server click here

Like this post
komin

Likes # 0

you may visit this site click here
It has the best cheap, affordable web hosting which is reliable, has many features, and offers top quality support.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

that anyone tries to host their own website at home.

Apart from the obvious fact that you'll have to leave the computer running on a 26/7 basis, there are all kinds of security risks invoilved.

Like this post
obi-wan-kenobi

Likes # 0

you can set up a web server on any "old" pc that doesn't even need to be a fast/quick pc...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You can indeed set up a web server on almost any PC, but as has already been pointed out, there's a little more to running a successful (and safe) web server than you seem to appreciate.

Running public access web servers is fraught with potential security problems, and apart from anything else you may find that you are in breach of the terms and conditions of the agreement you entered into with your ISP if you operate a web server on a domestic connection. You may certainly find yourself faced with bandwidth throttling if your traffic figures reach appreciable levels.

I strongly advise against doing it unless there's a compelling reason - there are dozens of professional hosting companies which can provide safe,fast, inexpensive hosting packages.

Like this post
exprog

Likes # 0

Thanks for your comments. I would certainly never consider hosting my own website as an option.

He hasn't made his mind up about which host. but I think he will go with the Web Easy host, which has three months free with the software.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more