We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Activex/Flash problem

caast©?

Likes # 0

I have constructed a web site for a friend and included some Flash. One is just a little intro movie, one a small banner and the other just a text menu swapping the image colour which was created with dreamweavers Imageobjects/rollover image.
The script is for the movie, so you have an idea My Problem
When I test the site in i.e 8 I get the Yellow bar Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or active x controls, blah blah.
In Firefox with the flash plugin it works fine just what I am wanting BUT I have lines of Freespace which are part of the frames above my Logo banner. However this is just on the index page all the others seem ok. I have copied the code for the index page into another sub page and saved as the index page but get the same result.
Can anyone help with this? I’m not too bothered with the Firefox problem I am sure I can solve this, but dearly need to sort the Active X/flash problem which is driving me mad. I have visited loads of sites but cannot find a solution. Most of all the sites I visit that have Flash intro’s banners adverts don’t bring up the yellow bar warning so why is My site displaying it, without my having to accept the allow blocked content and warning associated with it. M

Like this post
caast©?

Likes # 0

any ideas how to resolve this? could it be just because I have not uploaded the site yet and am just viewing from my hard drive? M

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...