We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Create website

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi There
I would like to know the best way forward for my daughter to create a website to promote her being a nanny.

By this I mean, do you do a google and read all the links that suggest its easy to do a DIY website, or do you look around for a web designer.

Any help will be appreciated

Like this post
steve263000

Likes # 0

I have just built one using WebPlus X4 click here and believe me if I can do it at 62 years old your daughter can!

She will need some web space and I would suggest a professional site such as Heart Internet click here would be good. There are plenty out there though. Either way she will need a good domain name to go with it.

You could go the web designer route but that is likely to be very expensive.

There is a free way that she can try like life yo, click here and that is very simple to get started. She would just need a Domain name and they are cheap enough.

There should be far more useful posts that mine coming through but hope that this helps. Email me if I can help any more.

Like this post
frenchman96

Likes # 0

Steve

Thanks for info, will check it out.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

You can often get "starter" editions of Serif software. Have a look at some computing magazine cover disks in the stores. Upgrading from these is usually cheaper than buying new!

Like this post
kumo22

Likes # 0

If you are considering Webplus X4 then I would suggest that you ask Serif to bundle hosting within the price.

I think Webplus is excellent by the way. Serif also have very good support based in the UK and there is also a very good forum.

You wouldn't need to engage a web designer. There are very simple to use templates which mean that you can simply amend an existing design without any techinical knowlegde.

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

We all have differening ideas but if you are used to Microsoft why not download their Free web package here

It has many templates included and is almost the same as MS Expression Web which is an excellent product. As it is free why not take a look at it and see which you prefer.

It is easy to use and your daughter should be able to easily find her way around, being at school where she surely would have used Microsoft products.

You can of course go for many preforamtted website packages which come with for instance 1and1.co.uk

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

I didn't recommend that you go to Gizmos at all for the download but to Microsoft itself.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=d88a1505-849b-4587-b854-a7054ee28d66&displaylang=en

Like this post
ethanhunt3055

Likes # 0

She can learn joomla extension or word-press; it hardly will take 15 days for learning it. I am using the joomla extension it's best in free of cost like you don't have to put your mind in understanding the codes , it just display the templates chosen by your daughter.

web" target="_blank">http://www.absolutewebdesign.co.uk/">web design

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad