We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Serif WebPlus 10 Installation Problem

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

WinXP SP3
Hi, has anyone else come across this problem...
When I first got 'WebPlus 10' I installed it without a problem. After I'd checked out the software and put it through it's paces, I decided I wasn't going to build a Web site at that time. So I un-installed the programme. I have now decided to build my Web page. However, when I try to install the software, it get so far, then I get the following message...

INSTALLER INFORMATION
Could not write value ThreadingModel to key
\Software\Classes\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\InprocServer32
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

It then gives me a choice of one of three options... 'Cancel' 'Retry' 'Ignore'
I tried 'Retry' but it just brought the same thing up again. I then tried 'Ignore'. As before, it again gave me the three options. So I cancelled. As I don't have any idea what it's all about.

I am also sending this as an email to Serif, but I thought I'd just run it past you guy's in case you just might know the answer and more specifically the solution.

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

The WebPlus Forum is one of the friendliest and most helpful ones around. Hint... they are WebPlus users, so many people may have come across your quite specific problem. Many of the PCA Webdesign readers will have no experience of WebPlus: and what part of Web Design is software installation?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

How quick was that - a lesson to be learned here 'Webdesign' I think - From sign up to getting a reply was less than 10 minutes.
Most of that time was my fault, as I couldn't figure out how to post a thread.

Not only did they reply but they also gave me a solution to try! Which I'm off to do now.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I posted this thread/question, yesterday, as of this morning, when I'd received no replies from PCA 'Webdesign'! It isn't like the 'Helproom'.

Anyway - as I mentioned above - I also sent a copy of my question to Serif 'Tech Support', their response although quick was inadequate. As they said the software was too old and they no longer support it. I don't think that 2006 is that old? They, also pointed me at their forum. I registered and published my above question, as yet the speed of their response and solutions - if any - remain to be seen! G1

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

Go on to the Serif web forum. There's dozens of Serif experts there to help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide