We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Easily updatable site for my Wife

rupie

Likes # 0

I have created a basic site for my wife at work. I has been written in Dreamweaver. How can I have the text inserted in such a way so that she can edit the news on one page and upload it, without going into dreamweaver. Can I have the text for the page in a replacible text file for example. that just needs uploading and replacing.

Thanks.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

This may be wrong, but worth trying.... Assuming that it is just one page to change, she can copy and paste the text from the webpage (opened in IE or Firefox etc) into notepad (which removes the formatting). Then change the text to what she wants. Save the file and copy and paste back into the web page. Someone else can confirm if this would work - or amend it. Don't forget to backup before it is changed!

I use Expression web which is similar to Dreamweaver, I understand. I open the program and amend the pages directly. Surely it isn't too difficult to do that with Dreamweaver?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'