We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

123-reg shambles - WARNING

sooterkin

Likes # 0

After about 6 years of largely untroubled service for a number of sites under Supanames, they sold on to 123-reg and everything went out the window. For most of this year we have had problems with information disappearing, long periods of sites being down, and a support service that doesn't EVER spot a problem or warn of outages, and has so far been unable even to reinstate our site stats (for the whole of 2010).

I would certainly never use them for any more of our clients, and would be interested to hear recommendations from others who've got reliable hosting.

Thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

from Consumerwatch.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

Been with them since 2006 and Never had a complaint about them at all. No, not even a teeny weeny one. I have never had an outage and they have always responded quickly to my requests and at a level I understood.

This year I changed my hosting package and that meant moving my site to a new server. Down time was not more than one day and that was mostly down to me.

Like this post
Woody Ham

Likes # 0

I agree with Proclaimer. I have three sites ( 2 for a number of years and another started just this year) using 123-reg and don't have any problem with them.

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

There appears to be a current problem with publishing on 123-reg. It is stated on their system status page that publishing may be a problem at present but says a fix is now in place. That was last week but I still cannot publish updates to my site. Does anyone have any further info?

Like this post
Mitch James

Likes # 0

Hi guys, I'm a new member here!
I was trying to publish an update to my website on Friday morning, (14th May), but I think I was just out of time. 123-reg reported the problem at 9.00am on Friday 14th May. At the moment, through the "Ask a Question" service, they have said that there is a problem and that their "Second Line Team" are dealing, whatever that means. This is now the 5th day without publishing ability and it's affecting website updates.
It seems that they are unable to provide a timeframe for a fix, but I have emailed them again this morning requesting an update.
Anyone else know anything?
Mitch

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

Mitch.
I think the publishing problems began well before Friday. I was having upload problems early last week.

Like this post
Mitch James

Likes # 0

Hi Dave,
Seems to be working again!

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

Thanks, the problem does seem to be sorted now. I wasn’t criticising 123-reg, they kept users up to date with the issue and this is the first time in a number of years using the site that I have been aware of any problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK