We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sitemap for sub-folder

cycoze

Likes # 0

I have two sites on the same domain, the main (A)one I have built a sitemap for and installed.

The second site (B) is in a sub-folder of the main site, the address points to this sub-folder.

Both sites work fine, however when i generated the site A's map it picked up site B's pages, i have been able to generate a separate map for site B which picks up only B's pages.

Any Ideas?

I did not set this up originally, it would have been easier as a sub-domain I am sure.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Amazing I just found this page via a search on Google for the problem, shows this site is a top hitter !

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

I'm thinking if I block the sub-folder via a robots.txt file I can then generate a new site map for the main site which in theory should only list the main sites pages.

I can then generate a second map for the sub-folder as before.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Blocked the sub using a robots.txt, generated a map for (A) and then unblocked the sub and generated a map for that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...