We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Embedding Google Calendar - problems

MrNewName

Likes # 0

In creating a basic website for a society, one of the requests I was given was to add a calendar to it. The easiest way I thought was to add a google calendar.

The page shows up on my computer in both Firefox and Opera (under XP/Vista/2k) but fails to load in IE7. Neither will it load in IE on other computers here.

Can anyone tell me why this might be?

The page in question is at:
click here (temporary hosting until I get a domain name registered and some hosting space purchased).

If it does happen to work in your IE browser, can you please tell me the browser version and OS.

Many thanks,

Kevin

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

Works fine for me using IE8 on XP Home SP3.

Like this post
MrNewName

Likes # 0

Thanks beynac; that's good to know at least.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

You're using an iframe for the calendar. Have you got these blocked in IE?

Like this post
MrNewName

Likes # 0

I checked and they were not blocked so I set security to medium (lowest setting) and it didn't make any difference.

Having just reset IE7 it now shows up - not sure what's going on.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

I think that it is to do with the iframe. I've Googled and there are certainly some problems with using iframes in IE7.

One suggestion was to use the 'style' to define height and width, rather than the iframe attributes.

eg: You've got: 'style="border: 0" width="800" height="600"'. You could try: 'style="border: 0; width: 800px; height: 600px"'.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

I'm glad that it's now showing, but I've no idea how re-setting IE could have solved it!

Like this post
MrNewName

Likes # 0

Thanks - I've just done that and will try a few other PCs around here.

Like this post
MrNewName

Likes # 0

Burger! It's now gone off line till the host checks it out!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone