We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WebPlus X2 - "Back to Top" ............

Dirty Dick

Likes # 0

I am using Serif WebPlus X2 to construct a website for a friend. I am putting a long piece of text on one page and I am trying to create a setup, where if I click on a heading it jumps down the page to the relevant section, and a "back to top" button. I'm getting bogged down reading the "Help" section, and was wondering if anyone could help/

Thanx

DD

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

serif have their own forums and all questions asked will find the right solution

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

for the 'back to top' you could insert a 'themed graphic' to do this, from the top menu, select;

Insert-Web Object-Themed Graphic

from the pop up window select the 'up buttons' to see a selection of about 30 buttons if you don't want text.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

1. Select a word that you want the Anchor to jump to, right click on that word and select 'Anchor' from the list offered, or use the short-cut crtl-q. You can name the anchor to make it easy to find in the next step.

2. Select the word you want users to click on to be taken to the anchor, use short-cut crtl-k to open the hyper-link editor.

3. Select Anchor from the left hand list and you will then see a list, (or just the one if you have only one,) of your Anchors in the right hand pane.
Just select which ever anchor you want and it will now be linked.

If the anchor is on another page remember to select that page from the drop down list provided above the anchor list.

Hit alt-1 to preview your work in IEx and to test the link works.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to specified locations on the same web page by inserting what are called anchor links.

You'll need two of them, one at the location you're jumping from, and one (called a named anchor) at the spot you're jumping to. Suppose you want people to be able to jump from the top of the page to the bottom. Your first link (the one at the top of the page) would look like this:

<a href="#bottom">Jump to Bottom</a>

The named anchor (the one at the bottom - where you're jumping to) would look like this:-

<a name="bottom">This is the bottom</a>

Give it a try. You can use the same syntax to create links from your headings to specified locations in your text.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...