It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion
Please help with printer selection
Likes # 0
Posted February 18, 2010 at 6:57PM
I work for a small start up business and last week we were sold a printer by PC World which doesn't fit our needs. PC World has said we can exchange the printer, but I'd like some independent advice on what is most suitable as I don't think the PC World rep really listened to our requirements. The printer we were sold is a HP 8500 pro inkjet which quickly displayed a problem which makes it totally unsuitable: When the yellow cartridge ran out it won't print at all, not even B&W.
So, here's what we need in a printer:
1. Available from PC World
2. Colour and black and white
3. Print, copy, scan ideal, but print only acceptable
4. Able to do full colour mailshots quickly and cost effectively, with good colour and clarity.
5. It will be used to print design proofs (colour).
6. Also used as a general office printer for 3 people so if a colour runs out must still be able to print B&W
7. Reliable and long lasting
8. Networkable and wireless
9. Budget up to about £250 ex VAT
Likes # 0
Posted February 19, 2010 at 12:42PM
First- PC World are (in the main) not computer experts, but sales persons, and the bulk of their products (in the shop)are for personal use, not business
Try this link which is PCWorld Business, which will give you a better understanding of what may be suitable for you.
May I suggest you go to a local Business Office Centre and seek advice from them, or visit a few local companies, and ask for their advice on printer hardware.
Reply to this topic
This thread has been locked.