We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please help with printer selection

lizziee

Likes # 0

I work for a small start up business and last week we were sold a printer by PC World which doesn't fit our needs. PC World has said we can exchange the printer, but I'd like some independent advice on what is most suitable as I don't think the PC World rep really listened to our requirements. The printer we were sold is a HP 8500 pro inkjet which quickly displayed a problem which makes it totally unsuitable: When the yellow cartridge ran out it won't print at all, not even B&W.

So, here's what we need in a printer:
1. Available from PC World
2. Colour and black and white
3. Print, copy, scan ideal, but print only acceptable
4. Able to do full colour mailshots quickly and cost effectively, with good colour and clarity.
5. It will be used to print design proofs (colour).
6. Also used as a general office printer for 3 people so if a colour runs out must still be able to print B&W
7. Reliable and long lasting
8. Networkable and wireless
9. Budget up to about £250 ex VAT

Thanks
lizziee

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

First- PC World are (in the main) not computer experts, but sales persons, and the bulk of their products (in the shop)are for personal use, not business

Try this link which is PCWorld Business, which will give you a better understanding of what may be suitable for you.

click here
May I suggest you go to a local Business Office Centre and seek advice from them, or visit a few local companies, and ask for their advice on printer hardware.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund