We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver required for Logilink cable

Woody Ham

Likes # 0

I have purchased a Logilink cable (USB to Parallel) ref UA0054 but cannot find driver. Logilink site doesn't help. I need this to run a braille embosser from my laptop.

Anyone out there got any ideas pleae?

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

click here

"The USB- Parallel cable also provides true plug-n-play
and hot-plug capability - simply plug in the cable under the Windows
operating system and the cable will be instantly detected."

Like this post
Woody Ham

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I shall try the lead on another laptop as it certainly doesn't PnP on mine!!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If the USB is the laptop it should work as is. If you are trying to use a laptops parallel port (Do the have them?) you may have to point to the point as a printer.
I think either way you will have to install your embosser as a printer.
What is the make & model of the embosser?

Like this post
Woody Ham

Likes # 0

Many thanks. No paallel on laptop. I can use it well on desktop which has parallel. Embosser is Index Blue.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

From the sightandsound website
"Included in each delivery is not only the embosser but also the necessary printer drivers."

Have you installed the driver on the laptop?
The only info I can find is from click here and it does not mention USB support, but it doe mention serial and network.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...