We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to publicise my site.

Sapins

Likes # 0

I have just finished building my site using the free space provided by my ISP which is Orange.fr.
The site is to help me sell my house here in France. I have "registered" the site to appear on Google, but I don't hold much hope for that to happen, so, how to I publicise the site to the best effect please. The site is pretty basic as I am a complete beginner, so any help will be greatly appreciated. I appreciate that I am not allowed to give the site address under forum rules re selling.

Regards,

Sapins.

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi

The first thing that springs to mind is with free hosting, you may have a long website address, easy to type in wrongly and not memorable. You could just use something like tinyurl but might be worth investing a few pounds in a domain name to point to the site.

If you want the site indexed in Google, shortest route is to make sure a few relevant, already indexed sites have a link to yours. At worst enter this in a few non spammy directories and travel/property sites. The won't help much in ranking terms but will help with basic indexing.

Would be worth going further in trying to work with the web, suitable online communities etc. Might get lucky and could help with the site in ranking terms but to be honest, you are likely to struggle in achieving anything really helpful in that direction.

Best use for the site may be as an online brochure, via a decent web address in media ads. Having the site indexed can only help and again, you might be lucky but in terms of competing for traffic on core terms, could be more involved than you would want.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I think maybe I will get a domain name, then again it may be better just to put it in the hands of estate agents, the buyer pays the commission here.

I did try yesterday to register it with Google but the instructions went straight over my head, I hadn't a clue how to insert the "meta tag"!

I really appreciate your replies so thanks again.

Regards,

Sapins.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...