We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help - Can't see images on website

allyb97

Likes # 0

Hi, this is my first time using dreamweaver. I've uploaded all of my files to the host but the images aren't showing up. I'm not sure if I've uploaded my images folder or what I even need to do to do that. Here's what it looks like: click here.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

I messed up with the code two posts above, sorry !

swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf",

should be changed to

swfobject.embedSWF("Onutput Directory/images/simpleviewer.swf",

and you should make sure there is a copy of simpleviewer.swf in the images folder.

Like this post
allyb97

Likes # 0

Ok so I did all of the above except change the names to lower case, no spaces and it comes up like this: click here .

What do you all think of starting over and using this method:

You can use Adobe Dreamweaver to embed a SimpleViewer gallery in any HTML page by doing the following:

Import your SimpleViewer gallery folder into your Dreamweaver project. (I dont even really know what they mean by this..)

Using Dreamweaver, open an existing HTML document or create a new one. Click where you want the gallery to appear and do Insert -> Media -> SWF. Browse to the SimpleViewer gallery folder you imported in step 2. You will now see a gray box where your gallery will appear.
Select the gray box and do Window -> Properties to open the properties panel.
Set the gallery width (W), height (H) and background color (bg) in the properties panel.
Click the '+' (plus sign) to add a new parameter. Enter flashVars for the name and baseURL=svgallery/ for the value, replacing svgallery/ with the path to the gallery folder relative to the current document.
Click the '+' (plus sign) to add a second new parameter. Enter allowFullscreen for the name and true for the value.

Would this be better? If yes I don't understand which one is my 'simple viewer gallery folder.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

You made a simple spelling mistake with the code. or rather I did and you copied and pasted it !...

("Onutput Directory/images/simpleviewer.swf"

needs to be...

("Output Directory/images/simpleviewer.swf"

remove that n.

Like this post
allyb97

Likes # 0

Still not working, it shows up when I preview it but when I go to the actual site it just says "SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash." and I already have Flash..?

Like this post
allyb97

Likes # 0

Right, so I inserted the Flash Slideshow and now it says gallery xml not found .. i hate this slide show haha

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...