We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help - Can't see images on website

allyb97

Likes # 0

Hi, this is my first time using dreamweaver. I've uploaded all of my files to the host but the images aren't showing up. I'm not sure if I've uploaded my images folder or what I even need to do to do that. Here's what it looks like: click here.

Like this post
allyb97

Likes # 0

Also, my links aren't working on click here
...??? Is this related

Like this post
allyb97

Likes # 0

Also do I need to get an FTP client?

Like this post
allyb97

Likes # 0

Thank you so much, I can't believe how simple that was. Do you also know why my SimpleViewer gallery is not showing up on this page click here ?

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Where have you uploaded the swfobject.js file too? looking at your page info maybe it should be in the root directory.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Also the page is saying that Gallery XML can not be found, this mean you also need to upload the gallery.xml file to the root folder too.

Like this post
allyb97

Likes # 0

Ok so I took the Output Directory folder and pressed the upload arrow seemingly loading all the files including the .swf and gallery.xml but its the same... if someone could make any sense out of this: click here that would be so helpful!

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Your page code has not been updated to say where the gallery.xml file is, you need to correct it, I checked and found it is now residing in Output Directory/

Your page shows the code as...

<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "000000";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

you need to change that third line of what I pasted above to...

flashvars.galleryURL = "Output Directory/gallery.xml";

Like this post
allyb97

Likes # 0

Yay it worked your amazing thank you. Now the only problem is that the images are showing up as a big X. It says on the website:

This examples load the SWFObject JavaScript file directly from Google's servers. If you would rather load SWFObject locally, check the examples/local.html file which does just that.

To use the JavaScript Embed do the following:

1. Create your SimpleViewer gallery as normal.
2. Copy the entire contents of your SimpleViewer gallery folder into the folder that contains your HTML page. If you want to embed to a separate external gallery folder, check here.
3. Edit your HTML document using a HTML or text editor. Copy and paste this code block into the head of the HTML page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="click here"></script>
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "222222";
swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

And also says to use this code if you want your gallery assets in a separate folder, external to the embedding HTML page folder so I put :

<script type="text/javascript" src="click here"></script>
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL="Input Directory/";
var params = {};
swfobject.embedSWF("Input Directory/simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

Which is wrong because now it's completely blank again, so I've gone back to what I originally had.

Sorry for my limited knowledge, I'm learning as I go, thanks for everyone's help so far.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

I agree with fourm member about the image names, keep it simple with names, lower-case and no spaces every time.

I think you need to copy Input simpleviewer.swf to the Input Directory, then you need to change the code on the graphicdesign page from...

var flashvars = {};
var params = {};
</script>

to

var flashvars = {};
var params = {};
swfobject.embedSWF("Input Directory/simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

the change actually being the line...

swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf",

to

swfobject.embedSWF("Input Directory/simpleviewer.swf",

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

re the names of the images, for now leave them as they are because they do show up in the output directory/image folder.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home