We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Website in Publisher 2007 - page and Image Numberi

jonmac

Likes # 0

I've had a small website for 10 years, originally created in Publisher 97 thro' 2003 and now into 2007. The problem is when I add a page in the 2007 version and publish it to a folder on my HD the page numbers for the next 12 pages, instead of going from index, page2, page3 etc are numbered randomly from page372 to page 3973. Similarly images are from image258 to image 35972!!
Can anyone help me in changing this. I haven't time to change software as part of the solution.

Like this post
jonmac

Likes # 0

Thanks FA. It turns out that the old mag disk needs a serial number which must have been in the mag. which is long gone so I've downloaded the "lite" version from their site so here goes.
Thanks again.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

will be just fine - you'll build an excellent site with it in far less than a week, I'm sure, and you can always come here for help and advice if you need to.

Like this post
jonmac

Likes # 0

Thanks FA. Yes, I'm aware of the antipathy to Publisher but it was all I had available back in 2000 and to be fair it has done the job. But maybe I've got to bite the bullet. I do have access to Dreamweaver but that's too steep a learning curve for the week I have available so maybe its got to be Net Objects Fusion 8 on an old mag disk? Any port in a storm eh?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and I confess I haven't any idea what might be wrong. You obviously realise that Publisher is really not very good at websites - in fact it's dreadful - but in view of your final sentence I'll not say more.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea about how to rectify the problem.

Like this post
jonmac

Likes # 0

Further to the above I created a new 5 page test site and the same thing happens. Strange.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014