We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

heartinternet

louna

Likes # 0

Hi there,
Could anyone help me please! I've just started working on my website with heartinternet free hosting. As they don't give any help to this kind of accounts, I'm really stuck trying to login to my website after working on some hyperlinks, so I can try them and see if they work. When I try to login with my domain name and the password that I've been given as FTP password, the login page keep comming up with the silly message saying invalid domain name or password. I've tried many times for 3 days, re-checking my my domain name and password with no result.
Please please please help
Thank you

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

You can't log in with a username and your ftp password. The ftp password is for use with ftp software, you could download something like click here and connect via ftp if you wish.

To log in and use the control panel, you need to use your username, typically an email address and the password relevant to that. This will have been emailed to you when you opened the account. If you have forgotten/lost the password, there is a forgotten password link on the log in page.

Like this post
louna

Likes # 0

Thank you Ansolan. unfortunately none of it works: I tried my email address and the password that I didn't forget and rechecked again just to make sure. So I've tried: domain name and ftp password,didn't work, and I tried the email address with the password heart gave me, it didn't work. I'm still stuck Ansolan. Do you have any other suggestions that I could try??
Thanks for replying to my query by the way.

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

Ansolan is correct in how to signin, louna. Are you using the correct link to signin? click here

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi louna

May be worth going through the lost password system anyway. All hosts change passwords every now and then, particularly on new or unused accounts.

They should email you a notification but this may have gone missing. If you retrieve the password and this still doesn't work, fill in a support ticket explaining the situation, or ring them. I appreciate the free option is no support in theory but if you are locked out they should at least reset the password and email you.

Like this post
louna

Likes # 0

Hi Maj and Ansolan,
I understand what you're saying. Ny problem is not how to login at the biggining. When I login to "extend work panel" I open "file manager" which take me to my uploaded webpages and files. As I said before, I've uploaded some webpages already. When I try to open my website to check if the hyperlinks that I've created work, my website first page opens with a little window in the middle asking me to login using my domain name and password. It says"Welcome to your control panel. Please login using your domain name and password" I tried everything: user name, domain name.. it simpy doesn't what to take me anywhere. I created a ticket, they don't want to know :(:(:( HELP

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

"my website first page opens with a little window in the middle asking me to login using my domain name and password"

Are you including the www as part of your domain name? If so, then don't, just use the part after the www. e.g louna.co.uk

Like this post
louna

Likes # 0

No I don't use the www at all.

Like this post
louna

Likes # 0

Hi there, my domain name is veganbiscuits.co.uk
if you open it try to click on one of the links and see what happens. I even turned the cookies on and still didn't work. Many thanks

Like this post
louna

Likes # 0

O, dear :(
Thanks for that. Now I have to start from the biggining. what WYSIWYG software would you recommand? hopefully it's easyfor bigginers like me. Many thanks fourm member.

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

Try WebPlus by Serif, louna, it's free and easy to use click here Most computer magazines have some free web building software on their coverdisks, so look around your local newsagent for that option as well.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers