We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Submit form to email

Loll_l

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have recently designed a website for my new business. I have included a booking form which can be found here click here

I used Dreamweaver CS4 to create the site and 123-reg.co.uk is my web host

As it’s my first attempt at making a website I realise I may have constructed the site incorrectly. Please (for now) do not give me advice on how to make the site faster/tidier. All I wish to know is how to get the Booking Form working so that it sends information from the form to my email address.

Currently, on clicking the ‘Submit’ button the browser opens the customers email programme but I really require for the information to sent automatically back to my email address and then have the browser re-direct to click here

I have looked around a few forums and it seems I may need a PHP script but have no idea how to do this. Can anybody please explain what I must do? I would prefer not to have to spend any money if possible!

Thanks

Paul.

Ps. I also require the form to prevent the customer to ‘Submit’ unless ‘Is Vehicle roadworthy with full M.O.T.:’ is set to ‘Yes’ and the ‘I agree with the Terms and Conditions’ box is checked... but this is not as desperate.

Like this post
tims31

Likes # 0

I would first recommend what Forum Member has said and see if your hosting company has a forms solution...most do and is confiqured to work straight away on their systems.

However, if you want to give your own a try then have a look here click here . I have used the formmail from Matts script as metioned in the text and that does exactly what you want but this is a version of that with a tutorial to get you started.

Like this post
Woody Ham

Likes # 0

I must endorse tims31. I have used Matts script solution on the three web sites I manage and they are easy to adapt and work perfectly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks