We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

creating my own website and what softwre to use

maz78601

Likes # 0

hi,

can i have some guys i want to create my own website on selling some electronics as i have a shop thought id go online now this can range from phones to other accessories,

i dont have any knowledge on web designing but i will learn no matter what it is as i have learnt other stuff to use before this

i need a recommendation what you would recommend to use id prefer WYSIWYG software but there are so many this is what i need in them

Add multiple products
Shopping cart
Paypal payments and or credit card aswell
web hosting aswell

can anyone recommend somthing decent as i dont want any site i will work hard on it to make it look profesional and good

cheers

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi

Much will depend on what your objective is. If you are looking to create an online catalogue/purchase point for existing customers, or those you drive there yourself, doesn't matter drastically which option you choose, as long as this works in all browsers, is easy for visitors to use and looks okay.

Should you be trying to build a business on search traffic, be very careful on system choice and to be frank on the decision itself. You will be entering a hard sector, where only the best succeed and will need to match them. This means having a site that can be optimised to truly compete and that is unlikely to be a sitebuilder, or WYSIWYG.

There are any number of shop platforms available, often along the lines of click here Not a particular recommendation, just an example and in any event, much customisation and control will still be required.

The above may sound negative but bear in mind there are about 45000 new web shops created every month and only a handful that succeed. Of course you don't need to compete against all of them, just those sector, language and perhaps geographically relevant. Even so, a task which needs considerable application and skill.

Many web operations have stopped taking shops on and the good ones that do warn site owners about the likely work and/or cost involved. Good luck whatever you decide but don't expect too much until you have been through quite a learning curve, or spent quite a budget if you are outsourcing.

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

I've always used Serif WebPlus. The latest X4 is great

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)