We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help me please as im kinda bored

Pcproblems

Likes # 0

Hey
I have a problem with my computer and connecting to the internet. I am using vista SP2 that i got the other day, Before i got SP2 my belkin wireless stick was working fine , but it has recently stopped working, i cant think why i have tried all the drivers i know of.
I use a belkin G+ f5d7051
its really anoying as i got to use the internet as am doing gcses at the moment and cant use the family pc all the time

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This thread click here has a better title.
Please don't post twice as it causes confusion.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sorry it's still an unhelpful title.
Uninstall and re-install or alternatively uninstall and just connect and let Windows sort out the drivers.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Some thoughts to start you off in diagnosing your problem....

Does the usb stick show up in Device Manager when it is plugged in?

Does it have any yellow triangles in Device Manager?

Have you entered the correct WEP/WAP code?

Have you tried it in your family pc?

Have you tried a different stick in your computer?

Like this post
Pcproblems

Likes # 0

it shows up in device manager as a "Belkin wireless g + usb network adapter" however its in a is shown outside of the network adapter devices and shown in other devices, so the pc knows its in there just the drivers dont work i guess, and i have used it in my family computer with the drivers and it worked fine ! i also just installed the older adapter i had nad its in device manager as a network adapter but it wont find any wireless networks ? im confuzzed

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Check settings in the USB stick software

Like this post
Pcproblems

Likes # 0

how ?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Your usb adapter should not show up in Other Devices, it should be in Network Adapters. I suggest that you right click it and select uninstall, then either re-boot and let Windows find it or go to the top of the Device Manager and choose Scan for Hardware Changes. Let's get it correctly recognised in Windows first before changing any other settings.

Like this post
Pcproblems

Likes # 0

its still not working = /

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Uninstall SP2 and see if it works again (you could always reinstall again later)

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You should have got a Driver Disc with the Stick, when you load it, it also loads software and put an icon in system tray near clock, right click this to change settings

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......