We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Thanks for the Help

Bebee

Likes # 0

Having got some good advice from the forum I thought it would be cowardly not to offer the site I produced up for comment!

The aim was to reflect the society and bring the image a bit more up to date but produce something the older members would be comfortable with.

There's design elements I'm not over-happy with but the society seem to like it. I think the most difficult element was sorting the navigation.

click here

Like this post
Bebee

Likes # 0

Thanks for taking the time to look at it - very much appreciated.

I admit I hadn't tried a screen size down to 768 - I'll look at a redesign of the layout if this seems to be problem generally.

I don't get the 'dance around' effect in any browser, so I'm not sure where that's coming from.

I added the 'select a link' when I was still working on the navigation - as an extra option. I think it's probably superfluous now.

The links at the bottom I'd meant to go back to - changing the font colour is tricky in NOF as they're part of the site style - I think I can change the background colour to give clearer visibility.

I'll add the * - well spotted!

The news page is thin at the moment. The idea is that it develops with the site. I have put it in as a form so that the members of the Committee can add news items themselves without needing me to update the site constantly. I'll see how it develops and review it. Part of the idea of the site is that it will be a focus for communication with members.

I'm sure the typos will turn up - although I am a bit OCD with that.

Thanks again - very helpful.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Well done on getting where you have with the website. It looks quite professional.

I will reiterate what fourm member has said about the 'dancing around' on the top menu bar. I found it happened both in IE and in Firefox.

Apart from the other minor points spotted, I can't see anything that makes me throw my hands up in horror; so it's looking as though it's nearly there.

Like this post
Bebee

Likes # 0

Thanks to both of you for the time and advice - it really is very much appreciated.

fourm member - I will spend some time on the corrections! A proof reader is always invaluable.

I can't reproduce the problem with the picture of the theatre in IE8 - I'll check the page carefully, maybe rearrange a bit and try uploading it again.

I think the jumping about in the menu is an effect that NOF puts in as part of the rollover - I must admit it doean't particularly appeal to me. I'll have a play and see if I can change it.

Thanks for the encouraging comments on the site in general - I was trying to get across a sense of fun and help to draw in new members.

Like this post
Bebee

Likes # 0

Thanks for that - I'll see what I can find out on that.

And thanks for the information on screen resolution - I was surprised but it's worth taking account of.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014