We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE8 & scrolling task bar text

anchor

Likes # 0

I have very recently upgraded from IE6 to IE8.

Occasionally I would place a scrolling task bar message on a page, & never had problems. I am in the process of making a page for a University colleague who is soon to retire.

During the design phase it worked fine, even when I click on the final xxxx.htm file in the directory I had created. This is being viewed in the IE8 browser.

On uploading it and then accessing it via the web site, I see everything, hear the music, but don`t see the scrolling task bar message; (Wishing you every happiness for your retirement - May it bring everything you wish for).

On looking at the same site on my laptop, (which still uses IE6), the text scrolls as it should do.

Can anyone explain this, and what can I do to remedy it?. Thanks for your help.

Here is the link:

click here

(If its relevant, no change even with Zone Alarm turned off).

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply; made the change, but it does`nt seem to have helped.

New page:

click here

Like this post
Eric10

Likes # 0

Move the script definition so it is inside the head section and change the start of the script as below making sure to start new lines where I have:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function infoscroll(seed,looped){var text1 = "Wishing you every happiness for your retirement";
var text2 = " - May it bring everything you wish for";
-
-
-
- }
}
// End -->
</script>

Inside the body section call the script with:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
infoscroll(100,1)
// -->
</script>

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK