We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Be as cruel as you like

geoff47

Likes # 0

I need to have my click here given the PC Advisor once over.
Be as cruel as you like......but remember, its my baby.

Like this post
Rigga

Likes # 0

Been following this thread and your changes, and like the way it has changed so far.

However I do feel there are a couple of things to make it look a little more professional.

1. The main menu is a little out of place with the rest of the L&F now. I would make it a part of the header type style, with possibly a slight background / font colour change to highlight it's a menu.

2. The rounded boxes need to be a little more standardised, by that I mean, make sure the spacing is consistent, and that edges line up if they are close to lining up anyway.

E.G. > click here <

HTH. R.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

Being a wee bit pedantic, I don't think what you are both saying is strictly true.
My point was to show that ceramic tiles are actually covered with glass that acts as a glaze.
So why not use all glass tiles ?
Glass and glazed are not necessarily synonymous.
A doughnut can be glazed with sugar.
A window can be glazed with acrylic sheet.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I don't doubt that you know about tiles, I certainly know the difference between a glazed one and an unglazed one, but that wasn't the point. What I said was "You can't have tiles with a glazed glass surface", and it's true, you can't.

The surface is either glazed, or it's glass, but not both. As IClaudio points out, you weren't using the wrong words, you just used one too many.

You did say 'Be as cruel as you like', so I mentioned it. Perhaps I didn't make myself crystal-clear.

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

What FE means (and what you also point out....) is that glazed=glass: so one of the words is redundant. A case of too many words, not the wrong ones!

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I don't know how to word this politely, but take it in the way it is intended.
I know about glass and glazing, you know about the technicalities of computers, and punctuation.
You can get glazed and unglazed tiles, the glazed ones have a surface covering of glass that is formed during firing, the same as china and porcelain.
"The liquid glass coating is what creates the texture, design and color of a glazed tile and protects the body of the tile from staining."

Apart from that, I take your advice on the final tweaking about punctuation, which is obviously not my strongest point.

Many thanks

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but you may want to spend some time reading through the text - there are quite a few punctuation errors, and some inaccuracies. You can't have tiles with a glazed glass surface, for instance - they're either glazed or they have a glass surface, but not both.

I know I'm nitpicking, but that's what you asked for in the title of your thread - your site will benefit from a final tweaking session.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I have taken the plunge and gone for Serif's Webplus 10 and found it much easier to use than NoF
and here is the revised version of theclick here

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I thought it would add emphasis, make it clear.

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

Yes, I can figure out what the words 'supply only' mean, just wasn't sure why you put the phrase in quotes.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

The colour swatches were my own device and I was well pleased with the idea, but after taking another look, a couple are poorly sized, thanks for that.
The Gallery font sizes were supposed to be different, all the others being captions to the images, but I get what you are saying.
We "Supply only", I thought was self explanatory in that we only supply, not fit or measure etc, I can clarify that so there is no confusion though.
I am downloading Serif's WebPlus as I write and will take a look at it.
Many thanks for taking a look and your input, all constructive, thanks again.
This site has been invaluable to me over the years I recommend it to others regularly, never had a problem that somebody here couldn't fix, and all very friendly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund