We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Be as cruel as you like

geoff47

Likes # 0

I need to have my click here given the PC Advisor once over.
Be as cruel as you like......but remember, its my baby.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

the text is easier to read, but there are still some spelling and punctuation errors.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I have taken on board all the advice.
Hopefully I shall start to get some returns for my efforts.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I meant what I said, that is why I asked for criticism.
I have the same problem with the tiles in IE, but it is OK in FF and Safari.
What can possibly cause that ?
And yes the thumbnail is appalling, don't know how that happened, but that's why I am here asking.

Thanks for knocking my baby, that's what I asked for

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I use FireFox generally but when previewing this site I have been using IE and Safari too.
The preview in IE fails to load the dirty tile image locally, but I am almost sure it was working before.

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

The colour swatches on the 'Colours' Page need to be carefully sized so that they all match.

Agree with the comments about white space, I like white space, but this is a little TOO much!

I'm happy with the text font and size, but on the Gallery page, the 'Splashbacks are not confined to the kitchen.' paragraph is a different size... and you need a space between that sentence and the next.

On the front page: what does 'We “supply only”' mean?

Agree with FE that the Advice page is clear and informative without being overwhelming.

I think you need to get more of a cohesive look to the site. I'm a NetObjects user, version 10 for some of my sites, but lately I've gone to Serif's WebPlus click here for a free version (or version 10 for only £10) - I find it a lot more stable, intuitive and downright useable than Fusion. You can create MUCH better-looking sites with it, the Forum is crammed with very helpful experts and I urge you to look at it...

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

The colour swatches were my own device and I was well pleased with the idea, but after taking another look, a couple are poorly sized, thanks for that.
The Gallery font sizes were supposed to be different, all the others being captions to the images, but I get what you are saying.
We "Supply only", I thought was self explanatory in that we only supply, not fit or measure etc, I can clarify that so there is no confusion though.
I am downloading Serif's WebPlus as I write and will take a look at it.
Many thanks for taking a look and your input, all constructive, thanks again.
This site has been invaluable to me over the years I recommend it to others regularly, never had a problem that somebody here couldn't fix, and all very friendly.

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

Yes, I can figure out what the words 'supply only' mean, just wasn't sure why you put the phrase in quotes.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I thought it would add emphasis, make it clear.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I have taken the plunge and gone for Serif's Webplus 10 and found it much easier to use than NoF
and here is the revised version of theclick here

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but you may want to spend some time reading through the text - there are quite a few punctuation errors, and some inaccuracies. You can't have tiles with a glazed glass surface, for instance - they're either glazed or they have a glass surface, but not both.

I know I'm nitpicking, but that's what you asked for in the title of your thread - your site will benefit from a final tweaking session.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...