We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Accounting Pro and Express 2008/2009

Newuser38

Likes # 0

In case anyone has not received a notice from MS I attach an extract:-

"Effective 16 November 2009, Microsoft will no longer be distributing the Microsoft Office Accounting product. Also effective 16 November 2009, the Microsoft Professional Accountants’ Network (MPAN) will be closed to new members.
On October 30, 2009, Microsoft will transfer customer support for Office Accounting in the UK to Mamut Software Ltd."

Not sure if many people use this product. It has been mentioned on the Forum before. MS are telling all who have purchased the product. I suspect sales have not been as good as was hoped. I had involvement in the early days as an MS beta tester. But have not used it for a while.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

and the e-mail goes on to say that a free upgrade to the Mamut Software Suite will be allowed, so $400.00 worth of software for free can't be bad.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

There is a suggestion on the MPAN discussion board that although that upgrade is free there will be an annual 'maintenance' fee. A lot of members are also disappointed that the payroll and other paid for add ons will no longer be available.

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

I have been using MS Accouting ( usinn the 2009 Pro version at the moment) since it was launched and I find it perfect for my IT Consultancy business. Allows me to keep track of invoices , payments, bank and company credit card accounts and also some stock. The reporting features are more than adequate for me to send these in Excel format to my accountant to prepare the end of year accounts.

Perfect for my requirement.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

I will tick this thread now. I think all who might have an interest will have seen it. I hope MS have made sure all retailers are aware of the position. I noticed a copy for sale in Staples the other day.

It is certainly a fairly satisfactory for Book keeping but needed add on for pay rolls and is not HMR&C suitable although Excel, as stated above, can be used to complete the info needed for the Tax returns. Nor can it be used for Stock keeping and analysis in a manufacturing situation. MYOB which a lot of small firms used for that is of course now also part of the MAMUT organisation.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

iMac Retina 5K first look review: hands on with the new Retina iMac (Updated)