We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

where can i get image url's from my website?

lonemascot

Likes # 0

I am trying to use Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.1) Author: Dynamic Drive (Found here click here)for the images on gallery page of my website. My website click here very basic i know.

In the script of the page design I have to source the image. I can't do this with files in my root folder for some reason so i have to source from a url.

All the pictures I want to use have been uploaded to my c-panel file manager via dreamweaver's ftp feature. In c-panel I can see a big list of all my pics but I don't know where to look for the image url's.

Ideas please?

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Open you're site and right click the images and select "Properties", you will find there URL there.

Like this post
lonemascot

Likes # 0

I knew how to do that.

Its the ones that are not on my website yet but are uploaded to my server that I can't right click because I can't see them.

I suppose I could just use the start of the URL and input the file name manually. By doing that it brings the pic up in a new window by it self even if its not on my website.

I just thought that there would be a more sophisticated and less labour intensive way of getting them through dreamweaver.

Thanks anyway.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

If you store them in the same folder the url would be the same for all of them with just the file name being different.

For instance if you keep them in a folder named "images" (default name for most) would work out like the following...

www-sitename-com/images/flower.jpg
www-sitename-com/images/car.jpg
www-sitename-com/images/halloween1.jpg
www-sitename-com/images/halloween2.jpg

In DW when making you're page and or slideshow, you should be able to select the image and have it linked automatically from the folder they are stored in, that folder would generally be in the root folder.

Like this post
jenniferrung

Likes # 0

click here domin name/the folder name where you put image/your picture's name.jpg(gif...)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added