We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

123 reg ipstag change

victormcd

Likes # 0

does anyone have any familiarity with changing the ipstag on a 123 bought domain name?

My hosting is with heart.

All I have been able to see so far is (point to)

Shared Hosting on MyServerWorld.COM
Shared Hosting on MyServerWorld.NET
Shared Hosting on a Virtual Private Server (VPS)

and then something about A, CNAME and TXT records

What I want to do (if it's not obvious from all this) is change point my domain at my hosting so I can put up visible pages

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

Like this post
victormcd

Likes # 0

Thanks OTT but configure domains and change ipstag do not appear in my control panel. I see the non-transfer for 60 days rule doesn't expire for another 5 days could that be why?

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

I posted the wrong link.

Have a look this instead:

click here

Like this post
victormcd

Likes # 0

Still no change ipstag link - I'll look again in 5 days. Thanks for your time OTT!

I guess the moral of the story is get your domain and hosting at the same time and from the same site

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

Hi. I recenlty had to do the same thing with one of my clients. His domain and hosting was with 123 and I moved just the hosting to my heart reseller package. All I did was just chnage the nameservers on the 123 panel to those of heartinternet.

Please see below email from hearinternet when I enquired:
"Thank you for contacting us.

Yes that's fine - they can keep the domain with 123-REG as long as they change the nameservers to ours ->

ns.mainnameserver.com
ns2.mainnameserver.com

All you need to do is add a 'Domain Reference' for this domain in your Reseller Control Centre and then you can assign a hosting account to it.

The customer will need to reupload all their website files though.

Best Wishes
Alistair White
Heart Internet Support"

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

Forgot to add to my above post that I advised the client to keep the domain name with 123-reg and to pay the domain renewal fees as and when they are due.

Like this post
victormcd

Likes # 0

but at 123 there is no reference to nameservers at the moment I'm just not given the option so can't change it!

Access my InstantSite Account
Manage DNS
Web Forwarding
E-mail Management
Transfer Domain to another 123-reg user
Display or Print an Invoice
Domain Parking

The above are all that I'm offered... while my dot com domain has change nameservers now

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

Log into your 123-reg control panel. On the top you will see a section called Domian Names and there will be drop down box refering to your domain name and next to it there will be a blue box called MANAGE. If you have more than one domain, select the correct on and click on the MANAGE button.

Once you have clicked, you will be taken to a page that will have options like Manage DND, Change Nameserver, Chamge IPS Tag, etc.

Select CHANGE NAMESERVERS an it wil ltake you to the next page where at the bottom you will see two fields for Nameserver 1 and Nameserver 2. Put the appropriate Heart Interent Nameservers and scroll down to select "Change Nameservers" to save. Log out from the account.

Dont forget to cancel any hosting packages fees in the Account section on 123-reg.

Remember to backup your web-site or any info on the 123-reg domain that you may have.

If you are unclear, let us know

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

BTW, what is the domain name that you wish to change the nameservers

Like this post
victormcd

Likes # 0

it is not that I am unclear I have repeated this for the last 50+ days...
below is pasted what shows on the dot com domain

Manage DNS
Web Forwarding
E-mail Management
Change Nameservers
Modify Contact Details
Manage Domain Locking
Request Auth Code
Add Whois Privacy
Domain Parking
below is pasted what shows for the .co.uk domain

Manage DNS
Web Forwarding
E-mail Management
Domain Parking

these are full lists cut n pasted into this forum form - there is no mention of Ipstag

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...