We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

First website

Iceman244

Likes # 0

Hi

I want to produce my own simple website, something I have never done before and I intend to teach myself.

I have been told to use MS FrontPage or MS FrontPage Express, and that you can download this for free.

But I can’t seem to find anywhere that I can download this software for free.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I'm not so sure about getting Frontpage for free. It came as part of Windows ME but isn't included any more other than as part of MS Office.

How about WebPlus from Serif. You can get a free download from here
click here
It can produce some impressive looking results with a little practise.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Personally, I would avoid the MS apps like the plague.

I tried making a website with Front Page and it introduced oh so many smart tags and untidy code that I had difficulty in seeing what they were trying to do!

Like this post
Jim Thing

Likes # 0

Wasn't it Front Page that got a very bad reputation some years ago for generating reams of superfluous code?

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Probably... because it does!

It was s-o-o-o bad that when, in desperation, I re-did my Front Page created website (properly this time) in a copy of Dreamweaver 4 I found in my store of old discs, I did it from scratch because the Front Page version was so messed up it was easier to start again.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and I'll transfer it now.

Like this post
Patr100

Likes # 0

Avoid FP if yu are starting out now.
Front Page is obsolute and no longer supported - why not download one of the free web editors like Nvu and build your site and learn with that.

click here

-

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'