We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing a .pdf file

Mr. Chips

Likes # 0

I should know how to do this ... but my mind has gone blank!

I need to build a link from a webpage which will open a .pdf file and display it to the user in Adobe Acrobat, ready for printing.

What is the html code for this please

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

is upload the PDF file to the server, and include a hyperlink to it on your web-page. Your site visitors' browsers will do the rest, and they'll be able to print easily enough.

Like this post
Mr. Chips

Likes # 0

Yes ... agreed ... that is what I have been doing .... but ... this is the resonse I get!

UOTE
Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/menu one.pdf) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
Available documents:

/menu one.htm (common basename)
Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNQUOTE

The .pdf file is in the root and can be summoned from the remote site .... but IE8 can't open it for some reason ..

any ideas?

Like this post
Mr. Chips

Likes # 0

I have just discovered that the browser did not like the space in the file name (bad practice anyway).

With no spaces it works OK.

Thanks for your time in helping ... it is appreciated

Like this post
Mr. Chips

Likes # 0

I used to use hyphens to improve legibilty ... but then found that Access queries separated them into 'syllables'.

I use underscores now! ... (usually ... missed it this time)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten