We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Using "mailto:" and form method="post"

Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Just about finalised (?) my website.

I have a contact page with...
mailto link p>You may, however, use a href="mailto:enquiries@mysite. co. uk"> this link /a> etc.
and to email a 'form' and I use...
form method="post" enctype="text/plain"
action="mailto:enquiries@mysite. co. uk?subject=Contact page from Web site">

The disadvantage is that this dumps whatever is to be sent into the user's email client outbox.

Is there a way of making this an 'immediate' action rather than a 'perhaps later' type of action?

(But I have included, in the content that the user may need to go to their email client to actually send.)

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

Try using a contact form so that your server emails you immediately. E.g. click here

Be careful about code injection no matter what you do.

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

click here

Perhaps a better form code?

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

I will experiment with those ideas tomorrow.

It looks a bit more complex than I am used to (my website experience is _very_ limited; but I'll see what I can do with it.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Managed, at last, to have a more in-depth look at your links. They look impressive.

However, I have never had any dealings with php before and I'll be well out of my depth here.

Seeing as my host is a friend, and he knows a lot more about these things, what I will do is show him the links and see if he can make the appropriate modifications for me.

Many thanks for the help and guidance (even though it was above my simple head).

CtA

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen