We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Getting my site on google

Zippy.

Likes # 0

Hi, I have just created my first website click here and I would like to know how to get it onto google? Any advice please? Thank you.

Like this post
Zippy.

Likes # 0

Thanks for that advice, I have now removed the link and I've added a contact form. Is it OK?

Like this post
Zippy.

Likes # 0

Thanks, I've managed to sort out the email link - I'm getting good at this!!!

Like this post
Zippy.

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone, thats a huge amount of help. The main words I want google to pick up is 'Shih Tzus' 'Taunton' 'Somerset'. I've got £30 of google adword credits from my host so I'll have a go at sorting that out later. I'm worried about the email link that 'fourm member' mentions - How do I change it so people can contact me? I dont really want to leave my phone number? THanks everyone.

Like this post
Patr100

Likes # 0

Absolute rubbish. DONT ever pay for this. Just put your site online and eventually Google within weeks will index it for free.
-

Like this post
Zippy.

Likes # 0

I have just had this reply from my host 'To view your site in google you need to order Search Engine Submission which costs $49.95.
Please confirm you agree and we'll assist you.'
Is this really right?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...