We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to create a website

Zippy.

Likes # 0

Hi all, I'm keen to create my own website, I've been trying to teach myself but getting bogged down with all the tecnical jargon. I've just purchsed a domain name, I'm pretty good with photoshop plus a friend gave me a old copy of Fireworks & dreamweaver. I've be playing around with fireworks and think Ive got the hang of it and have designed a webpage. I can't make head nor tail of dreamweaver. My question is how do I get my webpage onto the web? I have trawled the internet and there seem to be no simple guide to this. Any help would be appreciated. Zippy.

Like this post
Zippy.

Likes # 0

Thanks for that help, I think Ive just gone another step closer!, Ive choosen to go with 'justhost' I am a complete beginer but this is something that I would really like to get the hang off. I 've had to transfer my domain name so now have to wait a day or so before I go to the next step - have to say though that so far I cant make head not tail of it all but hoping to get he hang of it with a little (lot) of help from you guys.! Am I right in thinking that I also have to pay to get my site on google?

Like this post
Zippy.

Likes # 0

Im slowly getting there! click here
I have used one of the hosts templates and I was hoping I could edit the main photo, colour etc but its begining to look like I cant. I thought when I clicked on my gallery link a new page would open with the photo on but they all come up on the front page? Any advise is alway welcome.

Like this post
Zippy.

Likes # 0

I have managed to sort out my last problem. I would like to add one of those 'number of hits' counter - how do I do that. Also I would like my site to appear on google - Have just done a google search for 'shih tzus taunton somerset' but doesnt seem to appear in google? Any advice please. Thanks. Zippy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...