We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Siemens Gigaset SE572

SHAZZ316

Likes # 0

Hi
I have an old Siemens Gigaset SE572 Router which I got when I was with Orange Broadband and I no longer use it. I was looking to know if this old orange router could be used as a broadband router for other ISP'S.
Basically what I am wanting to know is I am thinking about switching to ADSL24 for my broadband. They do not supply a router and I want to know if I can use this old router for my broadband without having to buy a new router. If I can does anybody know what I would have to do to configure it to work with another broadband provider.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Shazz

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

“I want to know if I can use this old router for my broadband without having to buy a new router”

Is this the Siemens Gigaset Router DSL/Cable that you have?

click here

Yes you can use the router connected to ADSL24 modem download the user manual

will tell you how to connect and set up the router

Like this post
SHAZZ316

Likes # 0

Thanks ambra4 for your reply,
but the link that you posted asking me if that was the router I have does not work. I clicked on the link but it is dead, it does not connect to any website. Could you please repost the link again.

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Check the firmware version on the router and download and update to the latest version:

1.00.0267 if firmware is outdated

click here

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Strange links work here using firefox

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Have just try both "click here" links and they work

Like this post
SHAZZ316

Likes # 0

Hi
Just tried the links again and it worked this time. An answer to your question is no that is not the same router I have and I can't find it on that website.

The router I have is gey and white in colour which Orange sent me directly. It has Orange branding on the outside of the router and when I access the settings for the router Orange have their logo on the settings page. I think it is a specific router made just for Orange.

This is why I'm unsure if I could use this router with other broadband providers. I thought there might have been a way that Orange has the router programmed or locked to their broadband.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data