We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

struggling to tie in PDFs with buttons on site

jacobjohn7

Likes # 0

Any help appreciated... thanks/
Im on dreamweaver and used the target icon to drag to the file which I place in my local directory. linked it, but then when i click on it then it doenst display.
Cheers
John

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

must be uploaded to the server along with everything else. A good way of working is to create a separate directory in your web - call it pdf, or something of your choice - and then create a link to it.

Like this post
jacobjohn7

Likes # 0

HI, was dragging the target link to the pdf file which i have uploaded, works with one instance, and then on another page, same procedure, but doesnt work, i find these inconsistancies frustrating! anyway, thanks for advice, will put a folder for pdfs. cheers.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to an individual pdf file in your new folder.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015