We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell no longer leasing laptops?

justjill

Likes # 0

We have been debating leasing a business laptop for a couple of months. We almost bought one a while back but the Dell website just wouldn't let us complete the sale, and we couldn't find another company that would allow you to customize the laptop and lease Microsoft Office too, so we gave up.

We decided that we definitely need a laptop and tonight I went onto the Dell UK website but I can't find UK leasing options anywhere. Are they not leasing to small businesses any more?

Is there anywhere else from whom I can lease a laptop and Microsoft Office?

Many thanks.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Why not contact the Leasing Company that you dealt with.

Alternatively ~ Why not ring Dell

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

you click here but before you make a decision to lease consider this:

You'll find it virtually impossible to get a lease agreement for less than a year, and the machine will cost you around £9 a week with MS Office standard version installed.

For what you'll spend in that year you could buy a reasonably good machine outright, and download the latest version of Open Office free of charge. It's fully Microsoft file format compatible, and quite frankly it's superb - truly something for nothing.

Like this post
justjill

Likes # 0

To be honest, leasing suits us better as it's more tax efficient and doesn't involve an outlay which we can't really afford at the minute. Glad you mentioned Hardsoft as I stumbled upon them and liked what they had to offer.

Open Office is what we're using at the minute and, tbh, I find it so quirky that I just can't wait to get my hands on MS Office! Do you really rate OO that highly, FE? In principle, I hate MS but they're big because their stuff, although buggy and infuriating, just works, and everyone else is using it and we need to fit in with everyone else.

Thanks for the replies :)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I still prefer to use MS Office because I'm very familiar with it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer