We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IPOD Touch: can i return it? (16 days from tesco)

KorgY

Likes # 0

Hello,

I ordered a Ipod touch from tesco's about 18 days ago, and it arrived on June 22nd., so i've had it 16 days. I have used it - and purchaes software too etc (even upgraded it to version 3.0) , and like it, but I am regretting not getting an "Iphone" (I have the Ipod), as I can't do text's etc.

Can i return this item to tesco's - which is in "as new" condition?. Tesco T&C go on to say:

"""""""""".1 Non-faulty items
Please let us know if you wish to return an item within 28 days of receipt by following the instructions on the back of the invoice. Only some items can be returned to a Tesco store so please do check""""""""""""

It's non faulty, but has been used, so not sure what to say to tesco (direct).

PS: Tesco don't do Iphone I don't think

Thank you very much in advance,

KorgY

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Only some items can be returned to a Tesco store so please do check""""""""""""

So I assume Tesco will be the only people who will know what can be returned - I should ask them

Like this post
blazingbadger

Likes # 0

I know some stores have a policy that certain Items are exempt from returning (Your statutory rights are not affected) as you also point out It has been used and also up graded so I would doubt it.

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

If everyone changed their mind about a purchase a fortnight or more later merely because they've had second thoughts, the retail trade would be in turmoil.

Your iPod Touch might, in your words, be in "as new" and fully working condition, but if Tesco had sold such a product to you without saying it was a used/returned item, I'm pretty sure you would be miffed, to put it mildly.

You made your choice and you must live with the consequences. You should have taken more care to ensure it would do what you required before buying.

Tesco is entirely blameless.

Sell it to someone else and put the money towards an iPhone.

Like this post
KorgY

Likes # 0

Ok, thanks for replies:(

Thank you

KorgY

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......