We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

overall comments

ktheed1

Likes # 0

Hi,

Just built a website for my nan to advertise her dogs and show photo's of some of her puppies.

click here

I know the writing is hard to read, but she insisted on that font.

Comments welcome .

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

in my browser. The first thing I noticed was:-

Huskies photo's

That should be: Huskies' photos.

There are numerous errors throughout the text, as fourm member points out.

Otherwise, I agree with what has been said about images; there are far too many of them in the album. The number should be reduced to say 20 or so high-quality samples, and there should be no red eyes at all - they look dreadful. In a site about a specific breed of dog it would be good to see some really stunning images on the pages themselves - they can be used to good effect to break up great slabs of text.

Once again I have to mention the font - it is without doubt the worst I have seen on a website; it will lose you traffic. That animation of the running Husky becomes extremely irritating, as does the mouse trail applet on the homepage. Good quality static images will be far more powerful.

You did say 'Comments welcome' - I'm sure you understand that, harsh as some of our comments might seem, they are made with the success of your site in mind.

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

See what you mean about the font. Yikes!

It's worth dong something about the photo album; 134 photo's in a single album will not get any viewers past the 3rd or 4th picture if you're lucky. Possibly categorise them and create 5 or 6 different albums with thumbnails. 134 photo's may be too many anyway....you could consider reducing it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

that the font is dreadful, and will deter visitors from going any further.

At the moment you appear to have just one page, with no navigation buttons, so it isn't possible to make any further comment, apart from the fact that you should think carefully about animation - lots of people find it terribly irritating.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...