We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pc assistance job advice

blob737

Likes # 0

I know the title is rather ironic, but i was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. i will explain.

I have fallen in love with skiing scince my school ski trip last year, and now want to begin racing, and save £800 for next years trip. well racing gear costs alone about £900, £700 of which is for skis, so, in total, by christmas, i need to earn £1700, which for a 15 year old seems oretty impossible. Currently i have 2 jobs, a paper round, which gives me £10 a week, and 1 day a week on a golf course, giving me another £20, so per week i currently have £30 income. Unfortunately, this will only earn me £750 by christmas, the time when i will require the full sum of £1700. right, well now the sympathy part is over, i can ask for advice.

Being a self confessed computer geek, and a who dares wins kind, im trying my absolute hardest to find some way of earning this money. i thought it might me a good idea to try to find a part time job in the computer world. now what i ideally want to do is to go to an old persons house, spend an hour or so teaching them/fixing their pc, and earn like £15 an hour. now im not suggesting that i only want to deal with old people, im just trying to explain the kind of thing i would love to be able to do, and make money at the same time during the summer. I can quite easily advertise through word of mouth, putting leaflets in my papers, and giving buisness cards to local shops, but i was wondering if i would need insurance or anything else anyone can think of.

Thanks

Sam

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

in another forum area, haven't you?

It's not a good idea to post duplicate threads - it causes confusion, and irritates other forum users. I'll lock this version as the other one has received responses.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?