We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which web host?

noobleeds

Likes # 0

Million dollar question I know but I'm looking at companies to host my small business website and wondered if anyone had thoughts on good hosts?

Looking at Fasthosts at the moment -good price, built-in site builder etc sound good to me - and have heard various things about them (good and bad) from various parties.

Any thoughts?

Like this post
webmaster.1105

Likes # 0

Hosthelpers.com

its fast and till today i havent faced any downtime

Like this post
jacobjohn7

Likes # 0

must admit do like heart now, after getting to know how everything works. hope this helps.
Plus you can get a free one initially, and it is free, only prob is that if you start getting traffic it goes offline due to going over bandwidth, but this is a good prob to have, so go with the free one to set it up, and as soon as it starts going over then convert to paid. What i did.

Like this post
Bob The Nob©

Likes # 0

OVH can also provide you with proper SSL at extra cost but it provieds a basic SSL with their cert. for free.

Also it is based mainly in france but there is a london base too, you can request an IP from several locations, including France Germany and the UK so with some Web wizardry you can provide contant according to geo-location.

Like this post
Bob The Nob©

Likes # 0

OVH, uk 60gp £0.90/m (works out over all about £13/y)

Disk space with 'High capacity': 600 MB
Web traffic: 20 GB/month
Email accounts of 2 GB: 5
Email aliases: 1000
Email forwarding: 1000
Server Side Tech: PHP
MySQL databases: 1
FTP Accounts: 1
OVH Manager Acces (Inc. MoM)
Plus FREE domain name.

Also full control of DNS.
click here

The next plan is £3.90/m and considerably better but for a small business with low traffic, OVH 60gp is good, plus almost 100% uptime too. and load balanced over several servers.

Like this post
Awestruck

Likes # 0

I have used the award winning supanames for all my websites. Only £32.88 for two year's domain name and hosting (as long as your site is not a .com)

Like this post
HighTower

Likes # 0

Heart have been the best I've ever used.

Like this post
123joey123

Likes # 0

I have six sites with KDinternet who are reliable,cheap and very helpful

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

so I can't help with them. I have tried WebMania in the past, but I needed a bit more than they could offer in terms of facilities at the time.

I currently use Heart Internet, and have been doing so for about three years now. So far they haven't put a foot wrong.

Like this post
noobleeds

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the advice chaps. Looks like Heart might be worth a try?

Like this post
sure.t

Likes # 0

Host monster is a great host as you get some good specs you might want to check it out at
[url]click here[/url]

The Host Planning Includes:
UNLIMITED Hosting Space
UNLIMITED Site Bandwidth
Host UNLIMITED Domains
Unlimited Pop/Imap Email Accounts
SSH Access (Secure Shell)
SSL, FTP, Stats
CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MYSQL
Front Page Extensions
Free Domain Forever
Free Site Builder
Best Support in the Industry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide