We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem uploading website

StupidCupid

Likes # 0

I have webspace with talktalk and I have created two folders on it.
I used to have 2 websites working OK but now after modifying one of them,I'm only getting INDEX and Index files (which can be clicked to open the pages but this is obviously not ideal)
I'm using MS pub to create the websites and file transfer with IE (which I find easy to do because you can just drag the files into your space. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

we'll take a look.

Microsoft Publisher is very bad at creating websites by the way. It wasn't ever designed for the job, and it usually makes a hopeless mess of it.

Like this post
StupidCupid

Likes # 0

Thanks for replying
The website that works OK is click here and the other one is click here. They are both in the same webspace but in different folders.
You are right about MS pub not doing very well. it used to be OK on the older version but now there is quite a lot of contamination on it( can't think of the right word for it ), like squares and question marks all over the place.
If you could suggest a better builder I would be very grateful. I tried to do Dream weaver once but could not get to grips with it. What I need is something suitable for idiots like Mspub where you build something that looks like you want it and the program does the hard stuff like html for you

Like this post
StupidCupid

Likes # 0

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS SO FAR BUT I AM STILL CONFUSED AS TO HOW AND WHERE TO CHANGE 'INDEX'TO LOWER CASE. I HAVE TRIED TO CHANGE IT AND THINGS ONLY SEEM TO GET WORSE.

Like this post
StupidCupid

Likes # 0

Thanks
Everything works fine now on IE except for the little squares etc. but the website will not open in Firefox as it did before and like my other website does . But i guess that I should be happy that its' working on the browser that probably most people use.
Now I've got a bit more confidence I'll have a look at Net Objects fusion or whatever.
Thanks again

Like this post
StupidCupid

Likes # 0

The Index page comes up on Firefox but the links dont work. I think that is Microsofts' doing don't you agree?

Like this post
mco

Likes # 0

Have a look for the free version of serif web plus online - it's a basic WYSIWYG editor that always reminds me of Publisher so it might be easy to transfer over to

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......