We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do i include a discussion forum for my website

Leonchetty

Likes # 0

Hi there.

Please can somebody help me. I have a developed (with very minimal web development knowledge) a website called click here. The website basically provides eyecare information with a search function to locate an optometrist closest to the to the reader.

What I would like to do is to include a discussion forum so that visitors to the website can start the own eyecare discussions, discussing eyecare products etc.

Is there somebody out there who can help.

Thank you

Leon

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

click here

Very reliable and no adverts, plus you can have as many rooms as you like for different categories.

Like this post
Leonchetty

Likes # 0

I have had a look. Seems like what I am looking for. However how do I incorporate this into my website. (I know that the obvious would be to have a link from my site to the forum). But how do I create a custom forum for my website. What sort of coding can be used? Are there any templates.

Sorry, I am useless at this so if those sound like stupid questions, please forgive me.

Thanks again

Leon

Like this post
mattavich

Likes # 0

I think you may have to pay.

Regards

Matt - <a href="click here">web design liverpool</a>

Like this post
Leonchetty

Likes # 0

Hi Mattavich

Thank you for replying to my query. Do you by any chance have any indication of how much it will cost and who will be able to do it.

Thanks

Leon

Like this post
Patr100

Likes # 0

You don't have to have an expensive customsed forum built form scratch,. if you have found the forum type just include it within your site using what is called an inline frame or iframe.

-

Like this post
Leonchetty

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I have thought about that, but it still doesnt provide for the professionalism I am looking for (you including soembody elses website within mine) Would still like to investigate costs

Like this post
DieSse

Likes # 0

Start a free forum (I use Informe click here ).

You can personalise it and control it, and simply link to it in your website.

It's no effort at all, and uses a top quality board system.

You can google for others use free forum hosting or similar.

Like this post
Hugauh

Likes # 0

Just use a free one for now. They all do basically the same thing. When you get big enough, let your IT worry about it.

With click here you can even domain forward, which makes it real easy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......