We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Want to install blog on website

spot the braincell

Likes # 0

I want to install a blog on my website which only I can update. Is Wordpress suitable for this?
thanks

Like this post
brundle

Likes # 0

A web-developer friend of mine suggested this when I wanted to bolt a simple blog onto an existing site; click here

I have no idea if Wordpress will do what you want, I've never used it.

Like this post
spot the braincell

Likes # 0

cheers brundle I'll have a nosey

Like this post
DieSse

Likes # 0

I've used VOX click here - you can personalise it, control access to it, and simply link to it - it's hosted free for you.

Like this post
RealGem

Likes # 0

Yes Wordpress will let only you update it.

WP is the most versatile blog software and there are lots of free themes and plugins to customize it however you want.

To add WP go to Fantastico in your Cpanel and you will find a simple install wizard. If I could do it anyone can!

Good Luck

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015