We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with F/page

heepster53

Likes # 0

I am very new to web design so please be gentle.
I managed to make a site with F/Page 2003, but since then I have had to use ccleaner to get rid of a suspicious nasty file.Since using that, whenever I go to to edit the site with F/Page it tells me the file locations are unable to be read. I assume ccleaner has wiped the location!How do i get F/page to automatically load my website or how do i import it into the program.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

that CCleaner is the culprit - it looks for, and cleans redundant and superfluous registry files etc. on your hard drive.

You can import your site from the server using the 'import' command from the file menu in FrontPage, and similarly you publish be using the 'publish' command.

The way to work is to publish your site files to your hard drive first, and then to your hosting location. If you want more detailed advise let us know, and one of us will try to help.

Like this post
heepster53

Likes # 0

Many thanks. the reason I suspect ccleaner is because on the error message it says it cant find some files in temp internet files. So it must have been svaing my data to a temp file? Anyway I am in a big mess here and cant seem to import either. Do I import the whole web from the web address? Because it just seems to want to make a new web. Very confusing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'