We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I find my Pre-Shared Key for WLAN ?????

skthecat

Likes # 0

Morning, I have a Belkin G Router that is hard wired to my Desk-Top PC (XP) It is also connected by Wi-Fi to My Toshiba L300 Laptop (Vista) I only have to put my password in to connect the Laptop. I also have a Nokia N95-1 (Orange) I want to connect the N95-1 to the router, the N95-1 keeps asking for my Pre Shared Key For WLAN????? How can I find that?? I must have had it once to connect the laptop? surely? Will it be stored anywhere on the DPC or Laptop???

Stuck!

Rgds;

skthecat

Like this post
anthonystorey

Likes # 0

type 192.168.2.1 in your adress bar which will bring up your router settings then click on security on the left hand side which will show you your key

Like this post
rosieeleanor

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a Nokia xpress music phone and im with vodafone but the friend that had the phone before me was on O2 and with my tarif i should recieve free internet but i cannot get onto the internet as i dont know how to work it. I get as far as serching for the WLAN network and alot of different things come up but when i click on one of them, it asks for the pre-shared key for WLAN code.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Suggest you start a new subject for this one with a title something like "Connecting Nokia to Wireless Internet".

This thread is an old one although very similar and you don`t want to hijack it.

Like this post
curlylad

Likes # 0

If anthonystoreys idea doesnt work try typing this into your run command box click here that should take you to the main page that shows your router settings which should provide all the info you will need including your WLAN settings and passwords.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The thread is five months old - the problem was probably solved a long time ago.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today