We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any Exchange gurus? OWA issues

Kate B

Likes # 0

Been running Exchange 07 on SBS 08 very happily for a while now but the other day the server hung during an update and I think something messed up then. I now can't access OWA, though Exchange is still merrily sending and receiving email that I can get at with clients such as Outlook, Entourage etc.

Well, I can sort of get at OWA, though I get a plain-text login page that takes me to a very reduced version of my inbox that I can't interact with. All the services are running, I've restarted IIS and SBS Console reports that the OWA website is up. I'm stumped and considering a reinstall of the OS and Exchange as a last resort, which is a time-eating nuisance rather than a complete nightmare, but it would be great if anyone had any further ideas for me to try.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's very unusual for OWA to give trouble once it's running, but when it does it's almost always an authentication issue with IIS on the Exchange server. Have you checked that possibility?

Like this post
Kate B

Likes # 0

hi Peter - problem solved thanks to a friend. It wasn't IIS, which I knew as I'd restarted it a couple of times. The server had crashed during an update and the contents of a directory weren't updated, hence the incomplete OWA. Directory reinstated and all running fine again now. Thank you for the suggestion; much appreciated.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm pleased all is well - I know only too well how irritating such things are.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...